How Do You Choose a Realtor®?
Ask friends and family for a referral, most will know someone they are confident in referring. It is perfectly acceptable to Interview 2 or 3 Realtors® that work in your area. You will find that most reputable Realtors® will offer many similar services. You can expect:
- Full details, measurements & description of your home in the Multiple Listing Service.
- Professionally taken pictures/virtual tour.
- An internet presence and marketing plan that includes potential buyers and other local Realtors®.
- Evidence of success: Testimonials from past clients.
- Support & progress reports through the sale, negotiations & until the new owners have taken possession of the house.
In the interview, ask:
- What differentiates them from other Realtors®?
- What do they see as the prime selling features of the home?
- What do they see as the challenges related to selling the home? How will they handle the challenges?
- How often will they communicate with you or provide you with updates?
Beware that you do not choose a Realtor® solely because he/she priced the house higher than the competition.
A price evaluation is a Realtors® best estimate of the price you will receive for your home from an educated buyer in an "arms-length" transaction. It is based on recent historical data and trends. Any evaluation should be in writing and support the price recommended.
Remember you and your Realtor® set the listing price, but the buyers determine true market value by what they are willing to pay for the house.
Check out my Client Testimonials in the left hand bar of this site to see what my clients have to say about my services. Then, give me a call; I would be happy to meet with you to review my credentials and marketing approach.
I look forward to hearing from you!