Bolton is Caledon's largest and most urban community. It is in the southeast corner of the Town of Caledon. Bolton offers a full range of services and is only minutes from Brampton and Vaughan.
The original core of Bolton runs along King Street at Highway 50, where you will still find both quaint and stately old buildings and homes.
Real Estate in Bolton has developed both to the North and the South and provides all levels of housing choices to its residents. As it is the most populous community, Bolton offers townhouses, semi's, detached homes and some condos. Prices start around $270,000 with the average sale price of a home in Bolton running at approximately $410,000.
In response to Caledon's ever-growing need for alternative housing a luxury condo has been built with Caledon's active seniors and empty nesters in mind. The building offers deluxe finishes, with pricing in the low to mid $300,000 and up.
Cedar Mills, which is just north of Bolton, offers 2-5 acre estate homes for $700,000 and up.
There are plans and applications for further residential and commercial development in Bolton.
Also worth noting, is the Bolton Community Improvement Plan (CIP) that was aproved by Caledon Council. It is a 10 year plan for the beautification and economic boosting of Bolton's downtown commercial core (Hwy 50) and industrial lands.
As Bolton is much larger than any of Caledon's other villages, it would be nearly impossible to mention all of Bolton's attractions and amenitites. Some amenities need to be mentioned however:
1. Caledon Centre for Recreation and Wellness is on the north side of Bolton along Hwy 50. The centre has been serving Caledon for 7 years and is certainly worth taking into consideration when choosing an Caledon neighbourhood to live in.
The Caledon Centre for Recreation & Wellness
- an aquatics centre
- workout facilities - with a lot of equipment!
- Bolton Rotary Youth Centre - a gym that offers an after school drop in program for youths age 12-17
- training rooms
- sandwich bar
- On and adjacent to the grounds of The Centre are:
- Caledon Senior's Recreation Centre
- Baseball Diamonds
- Catholic School
2. The site of the old Glasgow Mill features extensive parklands with a playground for children, sand volleyball courts, hiking trails, tennis courts and lots of soccer fields! On a quiet day, this area will make you forget you are in an urban environment. There is a one-lane bridge over the babbling Humber River and the road feels more like a country lane than an urban street. The Humber Trail winds through the area for those who enjoy a hike and some nature watching. Of course, it's another story on soccer days, but it is still a beautiful spot to sit and watch the kids play!
Families in Bolton can choose between the Public and Catholic school system. Look under Caledon Schools in the left hand menu of this site for links to both school boards, maps & other information.